Woah! The last post was on first of August! Like I said, things were going to get busy but I haven’t given on blogging. To be honest, I was trying to ‘participate’ more. I am a proud introvert but that doesn’t keeps me from feeling lonely. So I thought maybe going out of the room and talking to another human would help. Let me tell you something, It was HORRIBLE! Not only did I failed at making new friends, I also realized why I turned so anti-social in the first place. It’s simple, really. People are fake and every second of a conversation feels like a struggle to control the other person. But don’t let me ruin your mood with my Mr. Robot mode. I had to tell you all this so that I could tell you this: BOOKS ARE THE BEST FRIENDS YOU WILL EVER MAKE.
Of course, we’ve all read that somewhere but I lived it. I have been busy trying to set up a business, participating in humanitarian works and wrapping up my engineering course. But when I’m not doing any of those, I’m reading. So let’s talk books!
I tried reading YA like I said I would. I also focused more on classics and then there were other great books too. Here are the books I have read so far this September.
These aren’t arranged in any specific order:
- State of wonder – Ann Patchett
- God of small things- Arundhati Roy (Read it again)
- The fault in our stars – John Green
- The old man and the sea – Ernest Hemingway
- The perks of being a wallflower – Stephen Chbosky
- Chanakya’s chant – Ashwin Sanghi
Now, I will talk about all of these but for now, here are the ones I will be reading next :
- To kill a mockingbird – Harper Lee
- Oliver Twist – Charles Dickens
- All the light we cannot see- Anthony Doerr
- Diary of a young girl- Anne Frank
- Mystery of the blue train – Agatha Christie
- And then there were none – Agatha Christie
This is the first time I’ll be reading 12 books in a month (That is IF I finish reading them all by the end of this month. I usually read 2-5 books a month). I am not in a hurry or anything but I’ll be glad if I finish them all in the mentioned time frame. So the gist is, I tried to be more social and ended up reading more than twice the number of books I usually read. *Sigh*
So, lovely folks of the internet…What have you been upto? How is your month going?
Oh and what are you reading this September? Let’s talk!